I love cocktails, especially in the summer at the end of the day. On holidays around 5 o’clock I take my first one when the sun is losing a bit of its heat, I’ll add the heat with a cocktail.
My favorite & ok-to-make cocktails this summer are:
- Good Old Bloody Mary
- Gin & Tonic with Grapefruit & Rosemary
- Watermelon-Basil Lime Soda Cooler (mocktail)
I have added the recipes below. I have found these on other great websites and gave them a twist to add my flavor to it. Don’t forget: ssst…make the cocktail, pause for a little bit … & drink!
Good Old Bloody Mary
- 120 ml chilled tomato juice
- 45 ml wodka
- 15 ml fresh lemon juice
- Ice Salt Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco, plus more to taste
- 1 celery rib, for garnish
- 1 lemon wedge, for garnish
Pour the tomato juice, vodka,Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice in a ice-filled longdrink glas. Stir it well with the celery rib and season the drink with salt and pepper and Tabasco. Add the lemon wedge and keep the celery rib as garnish and stir it sometimes while drinking. So ssst…cheers!
Gin & Tonic with Grapefruit & Rosemary (Serves: 1 cocktail)
- 2 wedges of red grapefruit
- 2 large lemon wedges
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 ounce of gin
- ¾ cup tonic (like Fever Tree)
- 1 cup of crushed ice
Get your cocktail shaker and mash up the lemon wedges, a slice of grapefruit, and a small sprig of rosemary. Add the gin and a the crushed ice. Shake-shake-shake until the outside gets frosty. Poor the mixture into a glass and top with tonic, a small wedge of grapefruit and sprig of rosemary. So ssst…freeze!! & drink
Watermelon-Basil Lime Soda Cooler (mocktail – Serves: 1 mocktail)
Serves: 1 cocktail
- 1 cup ripe watermelon chunks
- 3 large basil leaves, torn into pieces, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 can soda/ sparkling water
- 1 Lime wedge, for garnish
Puree the watermelon until completely smooth. Pour the watermelon puree through a sieve to remove any pulp. Fill a glass with crunched ice, sprinkling in the torn up basil leaves as you fill. Pour over the watermelon juice. Pour in the soda water and gently stir to mix. Garnish with basil & lime. So sst… find a sunny spot then pause … & drink!
Thanks for the inspiration!